Win with Kids Emporium and Stokke

When I first broke the news of our pregnancy to my baby’s father, he was out of the country. I sent him a text message because I could not wait to give him the happy news. He told me that he was happy but I cannot say for sure what his reaction was, as I was not there to see it.

I do remember, very clearly, the way he reacted when we went to our first doctor’s appointment to confirm the pregnancy. His reaction was funny, memorable and priceless. The doctor said, “Yes, you guys are pregnant, congratulations”. My amazing boyfriend asked the doctor if it was normal for him to feel dizzy and asked if he could sit down. The doctor and I laughed as he sat down.
I cannot imagine what he must have been feeling but deep down I knew that he was very happy.

social media competition3

Share your special moment and stand a chance to win a Stokke MyCarier worth R2999.

All you have to do is:

1.  Leave a comment below, telling me how the news of the pregnancy was shared with the Dad and what his reaction was.
2. Follow me, DJ Zinhle on Instagram
3. Follow Kids Emporium on Instagram
4. Follow Stokke on Instagram

Competition Rules:

1. Entrants must be South African residents.
2. Entrants must be expectant parents or have children under the age of 3 years old.
3. The  competition closes on the 19th of June 2015 and MOMentsByDJZinhle reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
4. The prize is not be transferable to another person.
5. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
6. If the advertised prize is not available, MOMentsByDJZinhle reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value to the winner.
7. MOMentsByDJZinhle will endeavour to deliver the prize within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.

93 Comments, RSS

1. garatwe@gmail.com'

Garatwe Jeanett Matlhakoanega June 16, 2015 @ 4:14 pm

I don’t have a regular menstrual cycle, so it had been 4 months since my last period so I told him I think that maybe there’s a Bun in the Oven and he was like no we have been playing it safe so that’s impossible, so on the 2nd Dec ’14 I went to the docter n he confirmed that I’m 5months pregnant so I jst gave him the pic from the docter and said “that is your daughter” and he just smiled.

2. gambushe950@gmail.com'

nokwanda gambushe June 16, 2015 @ 6:26 pm

Minutes before my husband came home,I wrote “you are a DADDY” on my belly with my red lipstick.The look on his face was priceless,he just stared at me for few seconds and tears started falling off his face.I waved the pregnancy test results and he could not believe it.He was so shocked that he slowly came to me and looked and gently touched my stomuch.he started smilling and picked me up with excitement and danced with me the whole house.I will never forget that day.

3. letabamn@gmail.com'

nelly June 16, 2015 @ 8:46 pm

Uhm its not very nice story considering how it happened..but then I skipped my periods and by then things were not really OK between us..I knew I was preg and when I told him all he said was that he cannot have the baby as its going to complicate his life, I was really hurt but true it all I told myself even though am stil at school and don’t have parents Lord will be there for me and will never forsake me.. Well he moved on and I’m alone but then its fine..although sometimes its really hard but I know I’ll do it and I’ll deliver a healthy baby..

• bevelymohlala87@gmail.com'

Beverley June 17, 2015 @ 1:33 pm

We almost have the same story,mine chose money over our child,and even though I didn’t want to have the baby I kept her and I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named her Ava Boikgantsho Pheladi… Ava meaning Life because she’s my life and Boikgantsho means Pride. she’s just that,my pride and joy and If I could do it all over again I would just to have her. You will be fine, hang in there,God will get you through this. Goodluck <3

• pulaneb@yahoo.com'

Pulane June 19, 2015 @ 2:00 pm

Should you need to talk or anything I am here for you sisi

4. buhlemsnd@gmail.com'

Buhle June 17, 2015 @ 12:45 pm

We had been trying for a while and I’ve had 2 miscarriages so when I realized I was pregnant in February 2015 I waited till I was 3 months just so that we weren’t disappointed again. I simply sent him a text.. ” so… babe we’re 3 months pregnant!! ” He asked me if I’m serious I said yes, I think he still didn’t believe me because then he came to the office and asked me if I was serious I said of course i laughed at him, he looked down for a moment then he started laughing too he embraced me and he said let’s pray, we did then he said thank you MaNyambose (my pet name). Then he embraced me again and left. Now I’m 22 weeks pregnant and we couldn’t be happier and we are so excited to meet our Khanya. ❤

5. sindiswa.lushaba@gmail.com'

Cindy June 17, 2015 @ 1:44 pm

I had missed my periods for 2 months and i was starting to get suspicious that something was definitely going on so when my bf went to the shops he came back home with a pregnancy tester , i didn’t use it until the next morning ay 6;30 and i waited in Awe in the bathroom alone and the test came back positive, i smiled and touched my tummy thinking i would feel something, off i went to the bedroom with the tester and i put it in his pillow and woke him up he sat up straight and cried 🙂 in excitement,held me close and told me how happy he was and also how scared he was at the same time because it was both out first time. But he couldn’t believe it so a week later he came home with another tester this time it was a ClearBlue Digital Tester and boom the tester gave me the very same results and this time it had PREGNANT 3+ written in black i was so happy and showed him and he called his parents and they are so happy. I cannot wait for my first visit to the doctor month end to hear what he has to say and i’ve already brought 2 pregnancy magazines to prepare myself for my bundle of Joy and how to take care of her/him lol