I want to start the week with something that is easily digestible and from which you can pick and choose, leaving that which you don’t want behind.
We use time as an excuse for not doing things, but the truth is that certain things are just not important enough for us to prioritise.
Last week, during Kairo’s nap times, I pushed to see what I could get done in 30 minutes. I have to admit that I was surprised at how much I actually did. This can also be good way to get into new habits.
My list was initially about “making the best of your baby’s nap time” as most babies probably nap for half an hour to an hour, but it is really a list for anyone. Use what is on the list, replace, add … but whatever you do make the most of every 30 minutes you have that would otherwise go to waste …
My list of ideas for making the best of ‘free’ time
1. Shower, get dressed and do make up.
2. Put on a load of laundry and tidy the nursery and play area for when she wakes up from her nap.
3. Do the dishes and put on the sterilising unit (bottles, utensils etc.)
4. Reply to emails.
5. Spend time on a hobby.
6. Make ice tea, prepare bottles and refill powder formula containers.
7. Pack nappy bags and give the stroller and car seat a good wipe down.
8. Make a few phone calls (catch up with your mom, sister or a friend).
9. Watch a catch up tv program.
10. Do a TO DO List and a Shopping List.
11. Take from the freezer what you need to make lunch or dinner.
12. Sort baby’s cupboard (they grow so fast – take out what you don’t need).
13. Do training with your Helper or Nanny.
14. Wash and/or spray stuffed toys. Spray nursery and play area to disinfect.
15. Make a schedule of new activities for the upcoming days.
16 Spend some quality time with your partner, your other child or a friend.
17. Clear out and rearrange a draw or cupboard in your house.
18. Review your goals.
19. Plan your next meal.
20. Make a cup of tea or pour a glass of wine and put your feet up.
21. Do online shopping.
22. Listen to a motivational or inspirational talk.
23. Do some form of exercise.
24. Prepare homemade baby food and freeze.
25. Clear out your car boot.
26. Make appointments (hair, nails, doctors etc).
27. Put on a facial mask with a slice of cucumber over each eye and relax.
28. Do a home manicure or pedicure.
29. Catch up on some reading.
30. Take a nap.
As a matter of interest: This post including editing and adding the images took me 39 minutes to write.
I hope you found something useful or at least got some ideas of your own.
Life is Love