When I was younger I always felt like I wanted to own my time and the spaces I got to move around throughout the day. So for many years I thought I would become a travel writer, diplomat or I would completely rebel and go become a monk in some remote area.
I can’t wait to take Kairo on her first visit to the beach …
She has become such a water baby and it warms my heart watching her lying flat on her back in the bath, with just her little face sticking out, kicking and splashing … such a happy sight (-:
It did not start out this way. When Kairo was born she did not enjoy bathing at all. It was the most stressful part of the day as she would cry from the moment we undressed her, right through her bath and until she was fully dressed again. It was no fun at all. She felt very insecure in the water and I had to do something to comfort her.
I tried taking her into my bath with me. I held her close and talked to her while we took a bath together. This made a huge difference. Later on, as she became more comfortable, we introduced a floating device, designed for babies, for her to float on in the bath. She still loves this.
At three months old, I now have a baby who loves water! I am so happy that I did not force her at any stage.
She now loves bath time, whether it is in her Stokke Flexi bath or the normal bath. Bath time is fun! She enjoyed her first “swim” in her Stokke Flexi bath in the garden recently and in January she is starting swimming classes!
Such memorable moments … Bring on summer!
Stand a chance to win this swim wear hamper worth R790 from Kids Emporium Morningside.
All you have to do is:
1. Leave a comment below, sharing the most memorable bath time or swimming moments you have had with your 0 -12 month old baby.
2. Follow me, DJ Zinhle on Instagram
3. Follow Kids Emporium Morningside on Instagram
1. Entrants must be South African residents.
2. Entrants must have children 0 – 12 months old.
3. The competition closes on the 28th of October 2015 and the winner will be announced on Friday 30th October.
4. MOMentsByDJZinhle reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
5. The prize is not be transferable to another person.
6. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
7. If the advertised prize is not available, MOMentsByDJZinhle reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value to the winner.
8. MOMentsByDJZinhle will endeavour to deliver the prize within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
1 x Baby Banz full swim suit to fit age o – 12 months (pink)
• UV protection of 50+
• Zip making it easy to take off as well as a zip at the bottom for easy happy changes
1 x Baby Banz bucket hat
• Adjustable tonfit new born to 2 years old.
• UV protection of 50+
• reversable making two hats in one
1 x Berry Sun sun protection cream
• SPF 40
• safe to be used on newborns
Lookout for our blue “Summertime” competition in November !
So what? Yes. So what if someone thinks my dreams are too small to their liking? So what if someone thinks I’m not capable of being a successful female entrepreneur? So what if someone thinks I’m not capable and lack skills to run a profitable company? How is that any of my business?
Never be content in the same position, always strive to do better that yesterday. Comfort zone is a very dangerous position for any business person to be in.
“It’s great to know that at the end of the day, despite one’s occupation they are human like me. Every mom has the same fears I do and every woman has the same aspirations in life. We all want to provide for our children and give them a better life than we had.” – Tendesayi Ncube
Congratulations to the winners of our Rocka Competition! We loved reading your stories and anyone of the entrants could have been a winner. Choosing the winners for this competition was not easy, thank you so much for sharing your memories!
The winners will be contacted via email, with details of how to claim your prize.
1. Lisa Andile
2. Rendani Modesty
3. Zinhle Windvoel
4. Noluthando Mashiyane
5. Nhlakanipho Siyanda Nyandeni
The purpose of this post is to make it easier for your to submit your profile for consideration and a possible feature on MOMentsbydjzinhle.com
Traditionally, health awareness drives have focused on aiding those affected or generally impacted by serious illnesses. Recently, however, the paradigm has expanded to include the notion of proactive or pre-emptive health care. Much of this expansion has been driven by the increasingly common use of stem cell treatments for various serious illnesses and disorders.
#TeaWithDJZinhle was an amazing success. I would like to thank each and everyone of the ladies who came to the event and mostly for sharing their stories and their secrets to success and happiness.
“I am extremely passionate about branding which is the core offering of Edits communications,” says the business head. “I am passionate about women in business,’’she adds, “I am passionate about effecting change in young girls lives and can always see opportunities.”